Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Together again...

Robert and I met and I finally told him everything. It felt so good not to be holding anything back from him. I wish I could properly describe his face when I told him everything. I think he was amazed that the woman he constantly protected and sheltered was the same woman sitting in front of him. But of course he wasn't able to resist gloating. After all I accomplished, he just sat there with that big smile: "I still needed him." At one point, I wished I had another lamp handy.

I am overjoyed that I called him. During all those years I thought Robert was dead, I often wondered what he would think of my work. I yearned to be able to bounce ideas off him and pick his brain. And to not be able to let him on the truth when I saw him last year nearly killed me. Now, I have him back and we are going to tackle this together, as equals. Of course, for us, teamwork never did just apply to work. I am definitely looking forward to that part of the adventure.