Thursday, February 7, 2008

25 years with a wonderful man...

Today marked Robert & my 25th anniversary. I simply cannot believe it has been that long, but it sure has been precious time that I'm grateful. Even years apart could not stop our love. Every day I am thankful for this wonderful man, and look forward to what each (rather adventurous day) will hold.
We are currently at a resort taking a break from our last adventure, just the two of us alone, the way we like it.

We wanted to plan a very special evening for tonight, and Robert said "Let me take care of that". I woke up this morning to turn & find Robert not beside me, but a bouquet of flowers, and a card that read "No Two Souls Have Been More Right For Each Other, More Perfect More Blessed." He still remembers every little word.
Then he peered out from behind the curtains with that devilish grin and he swayed over to me & kissed me. Pretty soon there was a knock on the door, and room service had arrived. There is nothing like breakfast in bed with Robert.
Our room is equipped with a jacuzzi & sauna, and for old times sake, we have definitely been using it. We decided to start the morning off right with a morning bath.

After getting dressed, I informed him I had a gift for him, and teased him asking if he had one for me. He said of course but I'd have to wait...I spent most of the day wondering what it could be. He said "lets not waste the day, the outdoors is too beautiful, and so are you". We decided to walk along the water, and I of course had to stop in some of the extravengant shops.
We had lunch along the bay, and while we slowly nibbled at our meals, just gazed at each other in amazement.
We also went out on a sailboat, and just sat romantically gazing at the beauty of nature and each other. I'm so happy we're here right now and not in New York where the weather would've been dreadful. However, no matter where we were, I don't think anything could've dampened this day.

Robert then said that we would have to split up for a couple hours, because he had some more things to take care of for our special evening. This peaked my curiousity even more, and I playfully tickled him for information. He would not give me anything.
Well I asked him what I should wear that evening, and he told me "nothing"...I smiled. He said to go buy myself a nice dress. Naturally, I could not argue with spending more money on clothes, and why not some new jewelry as well. Then I thought maybe I was getting jewelry this evening, but I should still buy some anyways, just in case.

After I found the perfect dress, and thought enough time had passed, I called Robert's cell and asked if it was safe to come back yet, and he said yes but knock first. I stopped by the front desk to pick up my gifts for Robert, that I had them hold so he wouldn't find them. I put them in my shopping bags. I get to the door, and there's a sign that says "Honeymoon Suite". I smiled, and knocked on the door. He comes out & says he has to blindfold me to take me into the bedroom. I'm thinking he's slyly just trying to skip to end of the evening already. He takes me in there and tells me to go ahead & put on what I bought. I did so, and touched up my hair & makeup. I don't know why I still try to look perfect for him, he tells me I am every day. He finally tells me I can come out. He has the suite decorated
exquisitely. (He must've had help) He had a table for 2 set up, candlelight, and ordered us the finest dinner from the resort's restaurant. He was acting quite the gentleman, and I was definetly charmed by him as always. He also had a CD of music playing of our favorites in the background. That took us back & we talked about many past memories & laughed. How lucky are we to be sitting right here at this moment? He said he saved the last song for us to dance to, and it was our song "The Greatest Love Affair" by Jeffrey Osbourne. This song always makes me tear up with happiness, and of course I did when he asked me to dance. This is all I need right here, right now, just the two of us. Nothing else matters.

After we danced, I said I have to go get his gift.
He said "It's not a live Wallaby is it?" and I said "no but close".
It was however the brass statue that used to sit on his desk at the PCPD. I had Mac get it from the attic for me, and send it. I told him wherever we land, I hope it will go on his desk or our mantle, or wherever he would like it to go. I also handed him an envelope and said this is where I would like our home to be. He opened it, and inside I enclosed 2 plane tickets to Australia. Other than Port Charles, I was happy with him in Australia, and we hadn't been back there yet.
Robert was shocked. He told me to wait a minute, and he went to get my gift. I opened it, and it was a photo of our beautiful home we used to have in Australia & a set of keys, and he said he bought it back! How perfect is it that we were thinking the same thing? Robert said he wants us to have a home there to go to in between our adventures. We were both so happy that we had tears in our eyes & kissed as if we could see the next 25 years right in front of us. And one thing led to another & you get the picture...
We are about to watch my DVD of Rebecca and fall asleep in each others arms...
What a perfect evening...what a perfect 25 years