Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Diamonds are a girls best friend...

It has been a week since that night with Robert. It was so hard leaving him that night. I decided I needed to put a great deal of distance between us lest I be too tempted to let him help me. I can only hope all of this will end soon and I can find Robert again and explain everything. Right now, my secrets and my fears must remain my own. I cannot help thinking of our time together as short as it was. I have tried to push my memories out of my mind, but he haunts my dreams.

I had to get far away. Luckily, I found what I was looking for in London, well it was here for a time. It is nice to be home for awhile. My accent does not stand out here and it is so easy to blend into the city. I wish I could visit with friends, but I cannot place anyone in danger. Besides, I keep reminding myself, diamonds are always a girl's best friend. Although I fear I will be traveling again soon. Maybe I will take that vacation that Robert and I always meant to take. I think I might just find what I am looking for there. I just need to add a little sparkle to my life.