Tuesday, February 6, 2007

More Shopping...

NYC. It's cold here but all one needs is a warm coat and a wonderful hat. Even better, a warm arm around one's shoulders. But I always did prefer the cold to the heat anyway.

My heart nearly broke when I saw Robert across the avenue in Savannah. I was about to run to him when I saw yet another of those dreadful goons. Can't they just mind their own business for a few hours?

I've decided that I need a little distraction. Shopping and fashion always did make me feel better, at least temporarily, so where better to head but Fashion Week? I hit the shows all day. For a moment, I even thought I spotted Robert. It so rattled me that I turned and banged into this poor man. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be Tim Gunn from Project Runway. He was just as lovely in person as he is on the show - such a gentleman. I apologized profusely - probably over did it a bit. I was just so flustered to be meeting a celebrity! I think Project Catwalk would have gotten much better ratings had they imported Tim Gunn. That Ben de Lisi was so horribly mean, whereas Tim seemed to know the right things to say to the contestants.

Robert always used to know the right things to say to me. I am dreading tomorrow. It would have been our 24th anniversary had things gone the way they should have.
I always find the day so hard, thinking of what might have been. What I wouldn't give to have another day with Robert.